The “Developmental Cooperation Network of Kefalonia and Ithaca”, known as LAG of Kefalonia and Ithaca, was established on July 26, 2017. It is an NPID in order to develop international partnerships with other islands as well as regions for integrated rural and urban development.
Main objective of the LAG of Kefalonia and Ithaca include the design and implementation of local and regional development strategies in an integrated and multidisciplinary manner, taking into account the development policies of the country, the Regional (eg ROP- Regional Smart Specialization Strategies) and the Operational Plans of the Municipalities of the Region.
The Developmental Cooperation Network of Kefalonia and Ithaca has been founded by the Region of the Ionian Islands, the Municipalities of Argostoli, Lixouri, Sami and Ithaca, as well as economic and social bodies of the region.
More specifically, 14 organizations participate in the LAG Kefalonia and Ithaca as it is presented below:
- Region of the Ionian Islands
- Municipality of Argostoli
- Municipality of Lixouri
- Municipality of Sami
- Municipality of Ithaca
- Chamber of Cephalonia and Ithaca
- Kefalonia and Ithaca Hotel Association
- Robola Producers Cooperative of Kefallinia
- Professional Fishing Association of Kefalonia “O Kefalos”
- Artistic-dance Traditional Association of Fragata “O Mermigas”
- Ithaca Public Benefit Group Association of Parents and Guardians of the Disabled Ithaca “EV ZIN”
- Cultural Association “O Palios”.
- Network of Municipalities of Finest Greek Tastes – Non Profit Organization
- Regional Development Company of Parnonas